Author Topic: T0 in tool table  (Read 61 times)

Offline annuello

• Droid
    • View Profile
T0 in tool table
« on: September 16, 2022, 23:50:29 pm »
Hi,

Not a huge bug, but more a minor annoyance.  I use the NCFile MOP at the start/end of my part.  First NCFile sets my work coords (G54), last NCFile is a set of G53 moves to park spindle and XY table in convenient locations.  Neither NCFiles have tool changes in them.  The obligatory MOP tool values are default (Tool Diam 0, Tool Number 0, Tool Profile unspecified).  This results in the post processor {$tooltable} including ( T0 : D0.0 : T0 ) in the header.  As one would hope, there are no M6 T0 calls in the rest of the code.  However, it makes the "sanity check" tool table at the start of the GCode a bit misleading.  Learning to ignore errors (like Tool #0) may lead to bad habits of ignoring other more serious issues.

It would be good if either:
- MOPs with tool#0 are not listed in the {$tooltable}, or
- The PP scans the file.nc for any M6 Tx values and lists them in either the {$tooltable} or as an appendix to the {$tooltable}.  Probably too complex with edge cases, but would be great for pre-CycleStart sanity checks.

Annuello.

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: T0 in tool table
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 13:25:41 pm »
Hello

Maybe, instead of NCfile, you can use "Custom file header" and "custom file footer" properties of the machining folder to set your G54 and G53 moves.

For the move to park the spindle, you can also add it in the post pro (footer), so no need to add it on each file.

What I have in my PP footer:

{$clearance}
{$spindle(off)}
{$cbfile.footer}
G0 G53 Z0
G0 G53 X0 Y0
{$endrewind}

of course, if you always use the G54, you can also set it in the PP (Header)

++
David