Author Topic: CamBam plus 0.9.8  (Read 102379 times)

Offline blowlamp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: CamBam plus 0.9.8
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 21:14:31 pm »
I think everything is working as designed, but we could do with a few more clues about where the data for each option is being got from. Maybe a breadcrumb trail kind of tool tip?
That's what I was trying to get at in my original post.
It's a lot more powerful than previously but it's a bit more complicated too.
You can have a Style in the Machining folder, Parts and any, or all of the MOPs - all at the same time and in any combination, along with any other tweaks - whether it makes sense or not! This is what threw me at first and still does on occassion.
Oh, and a Style can have a Parent Style as well :)

Martin.

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 21:58:07 pm »
Thanks for the great feedback guys.  I will certainly be referring back to this thread.

The response to the new style system is kind of what I was expecting.  I agree, with just a few simple relationships it is surprising how complicated things can quickly become.  I think some tutorials and a video tutorial will help some what.  I also agree that some refinements to the user interface would help with the problem of identifying where values are inheriting from.
Right clicking on a machining operation's property name reveals a context menu with an 'Inherited style' option.
It is very rudimentary at the moment, but this should show the style that a property is inheriting a value from.
I like the breadcrumb tooltip idea, I think that would work well.

Some brief responses previous comments:

Renaming style libraries / tool libraries.  This is on the todo list and will be done before we get to stable release status.

Listing child styles beneath parent styles.  I have considered this and I agree that it would make a nice way of managing style heirarchies and also make it visibly obvious which styles derive from what.  I just need to type faster! :)

MachiningOrigin showing NaN.  This is intentional (if a little ugly).  This way I can mark a point as 'Undefined', so that it knows to look up a level for a machining origin.  In later versions, the plan is to extend the use of the 'Default/Auto/Value' type properties to objects other than MOPs, so then the MachiningOrigin could just be marked as 'Default'.

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 22:02:25 pm »
The default for Spindle Direction in the provided styles, IMO, should be CW.  The first g-code I generated with 0.9.8 had no M3 code.

I agree with you...but I can't seem to replicate this one.
The default spindle direction should be CW and the default spindle speed should be 1000.
I am not sure why you aren't getting an M3 in your post.... If you have a .cb file, I can check this out.

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 22:14:43 pm »
First Impression: very good job and biggest thanks to andy.
Without any details it will need some days to understand the new template system.

While first playing I found 2 bugs with the Menue -> toolkit.
With the the timing pulley and the involute gear I become an error: "Method not found: Void CamBam.CAD.Entity.Apply Transformation()".
The Details in the attachment.

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 22:34:59 pm »
Oops!  :-[

Was actually a bug with the installer generation, not picking up the latest plugin.

I have attached the latest plugin DLL.  Unzip this into the CamBam 0.9.8\plugins folder and hopefully this should fix things.

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 22:58:36 pm »
 ;D Yes thank you, it works.

Offline kvom

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 23:20:12 pm »
The default for Spindle Direction in the provided styles, IMO, should be CW.  The first g-code I generated with 0.9.8 had no M3 code.

I agree with you...but I can't seem to replicate this one.
The default spindle direction should be CW and the default spindle speed should be 1000.
I am not sure why you aren't getting an M3 in your post.... If you have a .cb file, I can check this out.

Might have been my fault playing with styles.  I solved the problem by setting CW in the default, unnamed, style. 

Offline lazer

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 13:51:24 pm »
Hi all

I did a micro tutorial for you all.
See in http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1206.0

Armando
lazer = leisure -- Sorry my English

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 20:50:01 pm »
I open a DXF in CB.
I activate all objects (strg+a), then I drag all objects (shift+ mouse-drag).

While I drag, the splines going with the mouse, after I release the mouse on new place, splines are jumping back.
It drags only the polylines. After I convert all splines to polylines I can drag them also, but it is not possible to drag splines.
In 0.97 it is not a problem, I can drag also splines.

When I choose a toolnumber in the mop, for the tools I define myself, it set no diameter and no tool profile.
I can find no way, to define new tools that work the same as the sample tools.
How works it with the tool database?

And every time I choose a new mop CB prompts: Style''not found

thanks
ralf
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 21:38:04 pm by pixelmaker »

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 21:59:19 pm »
I have just fixed the spline problem, so that should be sorted for the next release. 

A check list for getting the tool lookup to work:

Unless you have specified a ToolLibrary in the Machining folder or Part object, CamBam will look for the tool index in the library named 'Default-(units)', where units is the drawing units so for you most likely 'Default-mm'.

When you select the tool number in the MOP, does the name in the drop down list match your new tool?
This is a good test to see whether it is picking up the correct tool library.

The tool diameter and tool profile need to be set as 'Default'.  This is done by right clicking the ToolDiameter and  ToolProfile the selecting Default in the popup menu.
The tool diameter and profile should be displayed in grey italics to indicate they are being inherited.

If this still does not work, feel free to upload a file and I will investigate.

Has the style with an empty name '' been deleted?  This should exist in the default style library 'Standard-mm' for example.  This is a very important style as all styles will derive from this.
I should change the name of this style to maybe '<default>' and display warnings if you try to delete it.  Does this help?

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 22:45:02 pm »
Thank you for your fast answer,

Yes, shure, I deletet this very importet style. I am testing around to understand the new styles system. So I thought it was one I created and deletet it.
A warning prompt will be very helpfull.

Now I have reinstalled CamBam and all works.

The sample tools are back and working.
Tomorrow I start again with creating own tools ;D

This all with the new databases, for me is a bit difficult to understand.

thank you

ralf

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
Re: CamBam plus 0.9.8 pocketing and DepthFirst
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 17:42:36 pm »
Now I start milling testfiles made with cambam 0.98.
First today, some pockets.

When pocketing with option DepthFirst, it mills first the innerst toolpath till deepest level, then the next outer toolpath also till deepest level. It don´t finish the total level bevor going deeper.
It don´t cut one pocket after an other it cuts a toolpath after an other.

When pocketing with option LevelFirst he finish the total level, same as in V 0.97.

ralf
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 20:50:37 pm by pixelmaker »

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
Re: CamBam plus 0.9.8 next, profile tres bizard
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 20:46:26 pm »
next I make a vacuumplate.
At first with 0.97, no problems

Then 0.98, I try to use the same values then in 0.9.7: Numbers shown at the foto.

1) cutting the profile-mop "dichtnut", a"bubble" is at the side of the regular toolpath.
2) Here he change the cutting-direction, must test that this is correct, and compare with 0.97, will do tomorrow, if it rains also and no motocycling is possible.

3 + 4)I made different mops for  the horizontal and the vertical slots. In each it cuts 1 slot incorrect. The slot 3 vertical and I think 4 horizontal it cuts at first the deepest level, then it goes to clearence plane, then it goes very slowly down on the first level an cuts some air.
All the other Slots it cuts correct.

ralf
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 20:48:23 pm by pixelmaker »

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 22:51:49 pm »
Thanks Ralf, I will look into this.

I can't seem to make the 'bubble' appear on 'dichtnut'.  What controller software do you use?  This might be an arc precision problem... some controllers do not like very small arcs.  There is a setting in the post processor definition to set the minimum arc size (a straight move is used instead).  I can go into more detail if that may be the problem.

The 'Standard' optimisation mode *should* behave like 0.9.7 but there is definitely something going wrong there...I will investigate.

Offline kvom

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 23:25:16 pm »
First a question:  what is the difference between the PlungeFeedRate and the CutFeedRate for drill  MOPs?

Second, the field labels for LeadOutMove on Profile MOPs show Leadin for Type and FeedRate.