Author Topic: A couple of small tweaks, if possible  (Read 3658 times)

Offline GeorgeRace

• Wookie
  • Wobbler Engine
    • View Profile
    • Experimental Aircraft Builders Support
A couple of small tweaks, if possible
« on: August 16, 2010, 00:32:18 am »
Hi Andy:
(Item 1)
I can't figure out how to clear the message "Select objects (use ctrl+click to deselect), then press enter or esc"  Once it comes up it stays on top of what ever I am doing until I close the project and reopen it again.

(Item 2)
Maybe it is just me, but I am aggravated by the View Pane closing every time your change a selection on the list.  Would it be possible to keep it open, add a close selection, or just say to click anywhere on the screen to close the view pane?  Sometimes I want to change several items and find it inconvenient to reopen it for each selection.

George
Please check out my web site.
http://www.mykitairplane.com
Builder & Test Pilot of N73EX

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
Re: A couple of small tweaks, if possible
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 00:59:08 am »
I can't figure out how to clear the message "Select objects (use ctrl+click to deselect), then press enter or esc"  Once it comes up it stays on top of what ever I am doing until I close the project and reopen it again.
Oh no!  Are you getting that message up by right clicking on a machine op and selecting "select drawing objects"?  So pressing enter or escape doesn't end the selection?  What about clicking the middle mouse button in the drawing?  I am having trouble replicating this problem here.

A possible work around, and alternative to the right click - Select drawing objects menu option.  You can select multiple objects in the drawing tree, then drag and drop them onto a machining operation to replace the objects that mop uses.

Maybe it is just me, but I am aggravated by the View Pane closing every time your change a selection on the list.  Would it be possible to keep it open, add a close selection, or just say to click anywhere on the screen to close the view pane?  Sometimes I want to change several items and find it inconvenient to reopen it for each selection.

Sorry George, it's probably just because it's late here, but I'm not sure what you mean by the view pane?
Do you mean the property grid at the bottom left?  If so, I'm not sure if this helps, but if you select multiple items in the drawing tree or the drawing view, you can change the value of common properties of all the selected objects in one go.

Any help... or should I just go get some sleep?

Offline dwc

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • corson.ch
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:49:55 am »
Oh no!  Are you getting that message up by right clicking on a machine op and selecting "select drawing objects"?  So pressing enter or escape doesn't end the selection?  What about clicking the middle mouse button in the drawing?  I am having trouble replicating this problem here.

I have this problem often, that the message doesn't go away.  This happens when I try to exit the command without having done anything using the escape.  It does go away (for me) when I have used the command.  This happens with several of the drawing commands 

Another problem I see often is that the square drawing cursor is not shown.  Sometimes clicking the command icon again helps, sometimes not.  Again the thing to do is to use the command, then the cursor shows up at some point, but until then you are running blind.  I have not been able to find any systematic in when it works or not.

I have figured that these are driver problems somewhere as no-one else is complaining, but have been too lazy to look for new drivers :)

Don

Offline GeorgeRace

• Wookie
  • Wobbler Engine
    • View Profile
    • Experimental Aircraft Builders Support
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:54:00 am »
Good Morning Andy and I hope you got some sleep!

Yes, that is how the message comes up.  Hitting enter or escape did nothing, until about the third time I hit escape.  Strange!  Now I can't seem to make the message stay there any more.  I guess I need to start a new drawing, assign a MOP and then see it it still happens again.

I would think the message should go away right after you select and move an item, without having to hit the enter or escape key.

On Item 2, click on the word "view" in the top left line of choices.  The "panel" with the command choices on it opens, and you can select things like "snap to grid", or "zoom to fit".   The "panel" closes after any choice is made.

Hopefully this makes sense.

George

Please check out my web site.
http://www.mykitairplane.com
Builder & Test Pilot of N73EX

Offline EAC

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
    • Eureka Airctraft
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 23:16:30 pm »
Andy may have a work around, but the menus aren't handled by the program.  Windows handles the menus. Windows opens the menu when someone clicks on it,  and when something is clicked, the menu closes, and Windows tells the program (in this case CB) what was clicked, and the program reacts upon it.  All operation systems I have programed in work this way.  I don't know of any programs that the menu stays open when something is clicked on, but I could be wrong.

Don