Author Topic: Pocketing Problem  (Read 5271 times)

Offline P.Passuello

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
Pocketing Problem
« on: March 09, 2008, 08:58:43 am »
Hi 10Bulls

Love the auto Tabs in Cambam+. :)
Have been playing with the new software and think I have found a bug.
I have uploaded a cb file which has a pocket job in it. The pocket comes out good in the CB but in CB+ it only does half the pocket. I have also uploaded screen dumps.

Cheers
Peter

The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
Re: Pocketing Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:05:09 am »
If you select the Pocket polyline (id 161), then select points, you will notice that the points actually go around the shape twice.  If you explode the polyline you can see this easily as you get twice as many lines and arcs as you should.  While in the points editor I just deleted the last 8 polyline points and the pocket ran OK.

I did some changes to the offset polyline routines in the latest version to fix some problem cases which is why it was working in the old version.  This is a bit of an odd case, but generally I am expecting the new release to be more reliable.  I will make a note to perhaps put in a check for geometry such as this.

Glad to hear you like the autotabs...they are a big time saver. :)

Offline P.Passuello

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:38:49 am »
Thanks
I thought I had got rid of all the duplicate lines on this drawing but obviously not. The original was loaded with them and it took about an hour to find and remove them. It would have been easier to use cambam to find and delete them. ;) And I would have found them all.
Out of curiosity where did you get the points list. I had to explode the polyline to see the duplicates.

Holding Tabs?
Also I have been playing with the maximum and minimum tabs and it seems it only puts the minimum tabs on a drawing never any more. Am I doing something wrong? eg if I set min to 6 and max to 20 it will put 6 tabs on each polyline selected no matter how big the items are. How does the maximum tabs come into play?

Cheers
Peter

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:50:46 am »
If you select a polyline then look in the properties, there is one called Points followed by (Collection).
If you click on the bit that says (Collection) a button with (...) will appear to the right of it.  Click this and the point editor will pop up.  You can select rows and delete them, add new rows and edit values.

With the autotabs, in the HoldingTabs section, there is another property called TabDistance.
If this is zero then at the moment it will always insert the minimum number of tabs.
If you put a distance greater than 0, it will try to divide the perimeter of the geometry by this number.
The MaximumTabs setting will be used if the above would result in more tabs than MaximumTabs.
Similarly, MinimumTabs setting will be used if the above would result in less tabs than MinimumTabs.

If you get your TabDistance about right, you can save it into a template (Copy MOP to Template), so then shouldn't need to worry about setting this for new profiles based on that template (remember to make sure the tab method is set to auto before copying it to the template).

Offline P.Passuello

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 06:31:43 am »
Thanks Andy,

I looked everywhere I could think of for the points list but didn't notice the collection button.

Now that I think about that makes sense about the holding tabs.

Cheers
Peter