Author Topic: Paraboliod Script  (Read 5883 times)

Offline dave benson

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Paraboliod Script
« on: February 13, 2015, 00:51:03 am »
Hi All
Well Finally here is the Paraboliod Script.
I've generated quite a few paraboliods now and backplotted and cut them so I think the script is worth sharing now.I've included a cb template file with a sample paraboliod with the mops in the correct order (roughing first and then the finishing) also with optimisations turned off and the target depth and depth increment set to 0.
Also don't forget to delete the focal point if you generate the paraboliod  with that option on, so you don't accidently include it in the tool paths.
Dave.
 edit: be sure to use the latest version use the version in the zip file  ver.111
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:36:13 am by dave benson »

Offline klystron

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Re: Paraboliod Script
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 08:00:03 am »
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your script, I'll do the tests, good day to you.

Yves.

Offline dave benson

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 09:05:02 am »
Hi Yves
I hope you find it useful, It is not completely done with yet as  I'm experimenting with adding N sided polygons as well to produce decorative shapes and have had some success, however this may take a few weeks more to do. I will update the script as I make some progress.
Dave.

Offline nehovis

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 15:21:41 pm »
Good job!  I like this script.

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 12:13:40 pm »
Nice to see you used the Forms idea  ;D I can see this being a useful script for me in the future, thanks.
Made in England

Offline dave benson

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 21:52:59 pm »
Hi Eddy
Thanks for the feedback.
 I appreciate it, as this script took far more time than I thought it would at the outset and I wouldn't have been able to do it without your and others contributions at all.
Somewhere along the line the penny dropped and I realised than forms design (RAD) was functionally the same across the various languages. So I've gained more knowledge and insight by just getting in and doing it.
Dave.

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 22:22:38 pm »
I am so 'tickled' to see folks writing scripts with forms now, that I can hardly keep from giggling!

It has always be a major deficiency of scripts that they didn't have a good user interface.

Thank you for "carrying the flag"!  It's worth the extra work; really!

LLoyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline dave benson

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 00:45:03 am »
Hi Lloyd
Your work was a great help, and my code looks hastily put together and not very well planned out when compared to your and others work. But I'll endeavour to improve the commenting and code structure as I go along.
Dave

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 00:51:01 am »
Heh!  Dave, with enough "thoughtful comments", even poor code can look like it's good, so long as it works.

I am NOT an object-oriented programmer, and probably will never be one.  But if I can convey the purpose for each portion of code to another person, they (if they wish) can put a dress on my pig!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 10:30:00 am »
. . .  and I wouldn't have been able to do it without your and others contributions at all.

Dave, I think that applies to most people here, it certainly does to me. It's frustrating when you know what it's all about with regard to the terms and logic and roughly what you need to write the program, but you don't know the syntax of a modern language like C#
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:33:52 am by EddyCurrent »
Made in England