Author Topic: KEEP Writing Plugins  (Read 4251 times)

Offline lockie

• Ewok
    • View Profile
KEEP Writing Plugins
« on: December 28, 2016, 16:18:51 pm »
To all of you amazing people writing plugins. I would like to extend a HUGE Thank You as these are very welcome additions to an already great program. Please keep up the good work.  Thanks Al

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: KEEP Writing Plugins
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 16:54:25 pm »
Yeah!  I'll take back my "Stop writing plugins" comedy post, now, since our fine proprietor is back with a tray-full of goodies!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline Dragonfly

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 18:52:15 pm »
Actually I was hoping that some of the most popular and useful plugins would become a part of the CB package, like alignment and numeric move.

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 19:05:30 pm »
They just might!  Keep wishing... and telling Andy!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline Dragonfly

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 19:52:12 pm »
I hate to say it but I feel a bit disappointed. Maybe some comments from people who had insight to the development led me to wrong conclusions. New things are mostly CAD related but even the rectangle is still referenced only by its lower left corner.
And I personally see CAM features and their optimization and expansion as the priority - there are lots of CAD programs, CB as far as I know is the single affordable and full featured CAM product.

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 20:10:03 pm »
Actually I was hoping that some of the most popular and useful plugins would become a part of the CB package, like alignment and numeric move.

This is true, but even Andy's Threading and Lathe MOPs are still plugins.
Made in England

Offline Garyhlucas

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:14 am »
I have SolidWorks 2017, Rhino 5, Autocad LT2014, and Visual Cadd, and I still appreciate the CAD improvements in CB. I have CamBam installed on two CNC machines that operate on Windows and it is extremely nice to be able to edit and add to DXF files that got imported into CamBam right on the machine. CamBam can draw but really lacked the editting tools needed for those final tweaks.

That said I'd really like to see big improvements in Lathe functions!
Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/

Offline Dragonfly

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 08:14:37 am »
.... to be able to edit and add to DXF files that got imported into CamBam right on the machine. CamBam can draw but really lacked the editing tools needed for those final tweaks.
I also think that the ability to edit, move, arrange, duplicate, etc. functionality is the more useful one than drawing from scratch. Especially with some parametric input of exact values.
Also the 'Import' option which would add objects from more than one DXF file which is still not implemented as a built-in function.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:16:58 am by Dragonfly »