Author Topic: CamBam plus V1.0 (Linux development release)  (Read 71245 times)

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
Re: CamBam plus V1.0 (Linux development release)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 11:46:27 am »
Now I wanted to test the new allfa11 64bit for Linux, but at the start are all sorts of errors.
Hello J├╝rgen,

Have you tried the new alpha11b update I uploaded this morning?
Hopefully that should resolve those errors.

Apologies for that... I should have tested on few more distros before posting the original alpha11 download.

Offline newlinuxuser

• Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 14:07:42 pm »
Hello Andy,

the new alfa11b seems to work well in both my computers.

I am testing Cambam on Ubuntu 12.04 with mono 2.10.8.1  and on ubuntu 16.04 with mono 4.2.1.10.
Mr Crabby appears on both, and the animation script works well, (OpenGL was chosen).

The NumericalMove plugin works just installing  libmono-microsoft-visualbasic10.0-cil .

Thanks a lot for your work,

Andrea
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 14:13:43 pm by newlinuxuser »

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam French Doc
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 14:35:57 pm »
Hello

Now version 11b is running ; except python scripts ! (V32 bits - ubuntu 14.04)

with klanimate.cb ; I get a python error in the log window, and nothing on the screen.

if I try to load a script CB terminate immediately when I hit the load script item

++
David

Offline newlinuxuser

• Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 15:24:25 pm »
In both my computers with ubuntu 12.04 64 and  16.04 64 the script runs well.
Something about the 32 bits or some missing python pocket?

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 16:27:09 pm »
the new alfa11b seems to work well in both my computers.
That's great news Andrea, thank you for the update!

Now version 11b is running ; except python scripts ! (V32 bits - ubuntu 14.04)

Did python scripts ever work with 0.9.8 on that system?

One thing to try, sometimes the mono distributions in the default repositories can be rather out of date.

The following command will show the versions of installed libmono libraries...
Code: [Select]
dpkg --list | grep libmonoThe oldest systems I am testing (Ubuntu 12/13, 32 bit) are using 2.10.8.* libraries
Newer distributions are using 4.2.1.* libraries
and the latest ones I am testing are 4.6.2.*

The mono install page has instructions on setting up the latest repository...
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/install/linux/#debian-ubuntu-and-derivatives

By doing this...
(only try this for Debian/Ubuntu or others mentioned in the above link)
This should install the 4.6.2.* libraries.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
sudo apt-get update

You may also need to do
sudo apt-get upgrade to upgrade existing libraries.

Good luck!

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam French Doc
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 16:31:26 pm »
Hello

thanks ; I'll try later ;) ; now I must go to supermarket  >:(

++
David

Offline SteveT

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 18:03:17 pm »
Great news getting V1 on Linux, have just installed it on my laptop running.
Ubuntu 16.04LTS 64bit
Mono 4.6.2.16
8mb ram

Following observations:
1/Copied license key file from 0.9.8 to 1, but its not read, entered key at startup of CB1 and it was accepted.
2/Tried opening a 0.9.8 file that was created today in to CB1 caused CB1 to crash, tried the same on my Windows 10 system and CB 1 imported the same file okay.

Hope this helps, Steve

Offline onekk

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 18:23:37 pm »
I Coould confirm that in Linux Mint 18.0 Sarah with the latest mono stable from Xamarin, CamBam 1.0 works.

The Italian translation file is working too (my "personal" version developed for 0.9.8 install falwlessy).

Only the Opne_GL legacy seem not working, but i will check this later.

The info you gave on Linux Mint is slightly wrong, to make ALT + mouse work you have to modify the "marco" configuration and even the "standard" gnome entry and it work flawlessy.

Plugins developed in C# at a first glance works, without any modification (at least the latest one in development to make a castle, that use a Castle.ini in the user plugin directory for persistence and guess some CamBam variables using the internal services.)

Hello and Thanks for the great work.

More to come.
Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam French Doc
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 19:58:28 pm »
Did python scripts ever work with 0.9.8 on that system?

Yes they works on 0.98

The mono version installed is 3.2.8

I'm doing the updates to 4.6.2 (but it's loooong !! )

@onekk ; and in addition to the nummove plugin that now works on linux, I get also the Hatch plugin to works on Linux too ... I'll update with a new version soon (only plugin for both version, that auto detect if the plugin is running on Linux or Windows)

++
David

Offline newlinuxuser

• Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 20:30:55 pm »
Hello, may be I found a bug in the linux version: try to print cause the closure of CamBam with this output:

andrea@andrea-TravelMate-5730:~/CamBam1.0$ mono --debug CamBam.exe
System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "CamBam.UI.PrintPreview.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "CamBam.CAD" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.AssemblyResourceMissing (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet (System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet (System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject (System.String name, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CamBam.UI.PrintPreview.RjKD0V31pA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CamBam.UI.PrintPreview..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CamBam.UI.PrintPreview:.ctor ()
  at CamBam.UI.MenuManager2.sLKVdIwxei (System.Object , System.EventArgs ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.HandleClick (Int32 mouse_clicks, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (System.EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:FireEvent (System.EventArgs,System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
System.ArgumentException: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Drawing.Font.GetHeight (Single dpi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Drawing.Font.GetHeight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Drawing.Font.get_Height () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Font:get_Height ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.get_PreferredHeight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.FixupHeight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnHandleCreated (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.OnHandleCreated (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
andrea@andrea-TravelMate-5730:~/CamBam1.0$

Thanks again, Andrea

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam French Doc
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 23:20:59 pm »
Re

mono Updated to 4.6.2 ... and no change, no python with 1.0 ..

the picture show the error that I get if I load klanimate

++
David

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 23:49:41 pm »
mono Updated to 4.6.2 ... and no change, no python with 1.0 ..
Hi David,

I think/hope that is a good error.
Do any other python scripts work?
Can you try just inserting a default script entity (a CamBam logo) and see if that works.

The error reported is when it tries to load the new triangulation library (which it only does if scripting is working).

Can you try the following command for me please...
From a terminal in the CamBam1.0 program folder, enter...

ldd ./libcambam.soand
ldd ./libfade2d.so
These commands report the dependencies for those libraries and report if any are missing.

One that may be missing is libgmp.so
This can be installed using...

sudo apt-get install libgmp-dev
Thank you so much for your testing and perseverance.
I will work towards getting an installer package setup so these dependency issues aren't such a problem.

Fingers crossed!

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 23:55:08 pm »
2/Tried opening a 0.9.8 file that was created today in to CB1 caused CB1 to crash, tried the same on my Windows 10 system and CB 1 imported the same file okay.
Hi Steve,
Can you send me copy of that file please?  I will investigate that further.

Thank you for the testing!

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 00:10:27 am »
Only the Opne_GL legacy seem not working, but i will check this later.
Hi Carlo

Legacy didn't work for me either.  The OpenGl display mode and V110 shader worked OK though (V330 shader crashed).  Giving the display code an overhaul is on the TODO list this year for all versions.

A warning to other users:  If the display mode causes CamBam to crash, you will need to manually edit the
~/.config/CamBam plus 1.0/CamBam1.0.config file
and change the DisplayMode option back to GDI to get CamBam working again.
(On the Windows version, holding down SHIFT when CamBam starts forces GDI but this does not work on the Linux version).

The info you gave on Linux Mint is slightly wrong, to make ALT + mouse work you have to modify the "marco" configuration and even the "standard" gnome entry and it work flawlessy.

Maybe Mint 18.1 + cinnamon has changed this?  It certainly seemed a lot easier that other distros I've tried.
It is still a pain though.  I will look into alternative rotation methods so we don't need to rely on ALT+left click.
Middle+Left doesn't seem to work under Linux so I need to look into that too.

Thank you for the testing and translation work.
Fixing some translation bugs and getting the latest translation versions in the installers is nearing the top of the TODO list.

Offline 10bulls

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
  • Coding Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.cambam.info
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 00:12:50 am »
Hello, may be I found a bug in the linux version: try to print cause the closure of CamBam with this output:
Thanks Andrea, I will look into that one.