Author Topic: file extention (.nc) missing in Gcode files  (Read 1316 times)

Offline mavquadrar

• Ewok
    • View Profile
file extention (.nc) missing in Gcode files
« on: January 29, 2020, 12:31:04 pm »
Dears,

I use Camban in my W10 to make the .nc (Gcodes) I need to run in my March3 installed in a PC XP, which I use to move my CNC at home. In that same PC XP I installed Camban as well to make small changes in the .nc files when needed. Unfortunately, my old PC XP went bad and I had to replace it by a spare one. I reinstalled Mach3 and Cambam and noticed that while March3 is working fine, the Cambam isn't!!! When I generate the .nc files from drillings, it works fine, but when I generate the .nc files (Gcode) from circles and other drawing forms, it generates a Gecode file without any extention (.nc gets missing!). I couldn't find anything wrong with the installation, so I am asking for your support to give any clue of what must be wrong.

Regards,

Marco

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: file extention (.nc) missing in Gcode files
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 14:47:35 pm »
It sounds to me like the two types of files aren't using the same post-processor definition.

Check the post-processor in your drilling files, then load a profile file, and check it there.  I'll bet they're different!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline mavquadrar

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 23:52:00 pm »
Thanks Lloyd,

The Mach3 post processor is my defauld option, so it is always correctly configured. I suspected that some installation error could be the cause, so I reinstalled everything again, including Net Framework. The result is that all generated GCode files receive no file extension now... However, the funny thing is that if I include the .nc extension, Mach3 open the files and they are perfect...!!!

So, I believe that something wrong in the installation is causing the problem, Perhaps the version 2.0 of Net Framework is defective. but the old PC I use in the CnC is not connected to the net, I fear get full of viruses if I connect it...

Regards,

Marco

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 01:27:54 am »
Hi Marco, it must your configuration settings. Here are screen shot of my settings. Are yours the same?
My 2ยข

Win 10 64 bit, CB [1.0} rc 1 64 bit, Mach3, ESS, G540