Author Topic: Problem loading TurboCad dxf line drwg.  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Gordo

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Problem loading TurboCad dxf line drwg.
« on: February 08, 2020, 04:29:02 am »
Problem loading a drawing (.dxf) consisting of 6 crisscrossing, straight lines ~ 70mm long, no ends touching, onto a 86,86,17 workpiece. (0.9.8)

In CB:  I start a new job:  Name, Stock Size, Mach3,  Click 'Draw a Polyline', drag and drop the .dxf file onto the workpiece showing on the standard mm grid.  The drawing comes in on a dark gray background, without a grid. Off to the side ~20mm, there's a small white square, and 4 little white squares.
Also, a notice that the job is now 'inches' and would I like the CB default to be changed to inches? 

So What all has been in error?   When should the DXF file be loaded? Or what is the proper checklist? Or is there a file mismatch?

I've tried a couple of hours.   :-(
Thanks,     Gordo

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Problem loading TurboCad dxf line drwg.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 10:29:56 am »
Gordo,

Try the attached dxf file, it's 6 crisscrossing lines 70mm long, and it is a metric drawing.

If that works in CamBam okay the problem lies with your TurboCad settings.

David (dh42) said,

"no problem to open Acad 2000/2002 DXF format (AC1015) ; it's the preferred DXF format to use with CB.
CB save as AC1009 format = AutoCAD 11/12 = R1 & R2"

I would also suggest you use CamBam version 1.0 now, which among other things would allow use of this plugin; http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/import_DXF-STL-STP.html

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 10:46:44 am by EddyCurrent »
Made in England

Offline Gordo

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Re: Problem loading TurboCad dxf line drwg.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 20:00:40 pm »
Thanks EddyC. & David,   The crisscross dxf file works.  And I'll use v. 1.0 in the future.

I'll use the TurboCad X & Y endpoints - and draw the 6 lines (all slopes) in CB.   Should be in good shape if I can pick up CB CAD maneuvers...this will be my first. 

Thanks for the timely assistance.
Gordo