Author Topic: cambam very slow  (Read 2108 times)

Offline ludo

• Ewok
    • View Profile
cambam very slow
« on: March 02, 2020, 17:16:57 pm »
I replace my old computer.
Now I use a DELL I5 with windows10 32 bit.
Cambam is now very very slow,I try every version 1.0 RC1  rc2 rc3, none of these versions work,only version CamBam plus [0.9] Rel 8P works fine.
I try also this :Menu Tools/options - Display mode ; try "OpenGL_legacy" ... CamBam must be restarted after this change.
But nothing.
Is there a solution for this problem?

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: cambam very slow
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 18:15:28 pm »
Hello

I assume that the .net framework 4.8 is already installed on W10 ? (at least .net 4.0 are needed for CB 1.0)

++
David

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 19:07:58 pm »
Do you have any plugins installed or are your version 1.0 installs just the default ones. ?
Made in England

Offline ludo

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 15:23:11 pm »
my PC was empty,with a new installed window10 ,so I install the latest version CamBam plus [1.0] rc-3 ,but cambam was very slow.
I delete that version and install the previus versions rc-2  and rc-1 ,but it stay slow.
I delete this versions an try version CamBam for Windows version 0.9.8P,this version works normal.
I try several times ,delete cambam and reinstall.
I have another SSD with another win10 installation ,I will try this tomorrow .
It is strange on my other PC  everything works normally.
If it works with other SSD I'll let you know.already many thanks

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 15:51:23 pm »
How do you know CamBam is slow ? are you opening a file that is large ?
Made in England

Offline ludo

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 09:02:59 am »
I use  cambam several years and I am very very happy with cambam ,so I know the difference .
Only now with another PC, I have this problem.
When I start loading cambam ,that goes very slow ,it takes about a minute before it is started,then moving the mouse to select something I takes a long time before it is doiing something.

Offline ludo

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 09:24:05 am »
the problem seems to be in windows10 !!!!!

I replace the SSD drive from my other PC and now everthing works fine.

Strange all other programs work normal only my favorite cambam do not want to work.
I will install windows 10 again.

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Made in England

Offline azajali43

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 08:57:14 am »
Get the final version, Known to the testers as version 10240. Running CamBam in Windows 10, just doing some follow along testing, for the past several months. CamBam works flawless in Windows 10, And it's really fast.

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 10:21:08 am »
I have been doing support for CamBam in German speaking countries for years.
It happens again and again that a "slow" CamBam is reported. So far the reasons for this were always found. Usually it was not the computer and not CamBam itself. It was 2D files with an immense number of nodes. When I get a 2D file that is 5Mb in size I clean it up and everything is fast again. With 3D files usually also a much too high resolution 3D object was the reason. It is sufficient if the polygons have the size that is set as resolution. If a very detailed object should be milled with a 3mm milling cutter and a lateral infeed of 0.1 it is sufficient if 9 polygons reach this size (0.3mm). If you use such values as a basis for the object production you can optimize later. A low value for the resolution greatly increases the computing time, but this does not affect the milling time.

If a 64bit system is used, a strong performance increase can be achieved with the 4GB patch.
If you make the 3D objects invisible during the calculation in CamBam, this also speeds up the work.
These are requirements for a fast CamBam.

If someone says that CamBam is slow he should provide a file. In all cases I could solve the problems by optimizing the file. Nowadays you don't think about file sizes anymore, but you get more and more impatient. The problem is usually found 60cm in front of the monitor.
Without file I do not treat such a problem.

Otherwise I am currently revising the translations of all plugins. At the moment I have installed about 100 plugins in a CamBam version. This version starts much slower than a slim CamBam. Last week I also had the case that plugins for version 0.9.8 in version 1 had problems. There I could solve the problem after two days, both versions have the same name and have been confused by the user again and again. Only after I gave the plugins new names with the version number the user managed to separate them.

ralf

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 10:24:59 am »
Ralf,

I asked the question earlier if it was to do with a large file but the reply indicated it was not.
Made in England