Author Topic: Running CamBam with NVIDIA drivers (Bumblebee / optirun)  (Read 420 times)

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: Running CamBam with NVIDIA drivers (Bumblebee / optirun)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 13:43:16 pm »
Hello

Why are there inch values in the mm style?

Why do you think that there is inches values in mm style  ???

Why doesnt they get converted to mm?

CB do not convert anything if you switch from mm to inch or reverted ; it works with generic values, so if you set a value of 1 in the tool diameter, it is considered as 1mm if you set CB to mm or 1 inch if set to inches.

CB has a tool to resize mm to inch or reverted, but only for the drawing, not for the values in the MOP.
http://www.cambam.info/doc/dw/1.0.0/cad/transformations.html

The workflow is:
- load your dxf
- check for the units in the toolbar to have mm
- if needed, resize the drawing for mm if it was in inches ; sometimes DXF format do not give the right units.
- do all job to join/clean the drawing lines
- and finally, adds mop ; it is important to add mop only after you've choosen the units because CB do not convert values in mop if you change the units.

Then why do i get gazillions of tabs with the tab definition above? Are my tab parameters wrong?!

On the second picture of reply #8, your crenelated plate is very wide ; as I can see ~ 1000mm wide (a branch of the cross is 200mm length)

On the third picture of reply #8, it seem that your drawing is not joined, so instead to have an unique polyline for the plate, I think you've a polyline for each line ... your maximum tabs value is set to 6, so you get 6 tab for each separate line instead to 6 tabs for the whole shape. Select all the lines that constitute the crenelated plate ans use polyline/join, the link the new joined object to your mop.

If you want more help, don't give a picture, that is not really usable, but the .cb file itself ;)

Maybe it is a good idea to have a look on how to prepare imported drawing ... (and maybe on the CamBam manual too ;))
https://cambamcnc.com/forum/index.php?topic=1624.0

++
David

PS: there is a plugin to do crenelated boxes ;)
http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/BoxAuto.html

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 15:13:36 pm by dh42 »

Offline Tycho-X

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 08:06:19 am »
Oh, me Idiot, you are right. It makes 6 tabs for each Polyline because not joined.

Then the 64 bit versions seems to crash a lot less. How can i generate new config files. I am ready to start all over again for the fourth time with a clean installation. I did delete my config and did run the "install-launcher.sh" again but the default configuration is not recreated...

And i am sure its inch values because the defaults are the same in my mm-sytle and inch-style. Do i see this right that there are only default values in inch? So i have to manually convert this ones if i need defaults for mm`s?

Thx,

Arnd

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:37 am »
Hello

How can i generate new config files.

For Linux, the config file is a separate archive and is not installed with the software itself: See step 2 here
https://cambamcnc.com/ref/ref.linux

And i am sure its inch values because the defaults are the same in my mm-sytle and inch-style. Do i see this right that there are only default values in inch? So i have to manually convert this ones if i need defaults for mm`s?

If I compare the default values for Inch and mm, some are the same (because they are unit free) and other are different:

ex: feedrate is 30 in the inch default and 800 in the mm default, depth increment is 0.015 for inch and 0.4 for mm, clearance plane is 0.125 for inch and 3 for mm ... etc

but of course you can set wat you want in the default styles.

The rule is: if you create a machining op with the units set to mm (in the toolbar), the default value are taken from the Standard-mm default style, if you create a machining op with the units set to inch, the default value are taken from the Standard-in default style.

Note that the machining op (mop) that are existing in the project are not "converted" to another unit if you change the unit.

ex: if your project is set to mm and if you create a mop it will be filled with the default value for mm, then if you change units to inches in the toolbar, the values in this existing mop are not changed, but if you create a new mop, it will be filled with values for inches. So always set the units before creating any mop

++
David

The attached file works with GXF2GCODE but loading it into CamBam will FREEZE my whole linux system until i "kill -9" cambam. Which is very rare.

A question about your DXF that is unreadable ; is it coming from a SVG file saved as DXF from Inkscape ?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:14:29 am by dh42 »