Author Topic: haas TL-! having trouble with radius cutting  (Read 181 times)

Offline tlmkr38

• Ewok
    • View Profile
haas TL-! having trouble with radius cutting
« on: August 12, 2020, 13:09:23 pm »
I'm trying to use CB for  some simple lathe stuff just to keep from hand writing the programs. I have modified the processor some to get a few  things to work but I haven't gotten it all figured out. I will attach files and pictures to show what it is doing. I draw a simple profile to run with no radius and just lines and angles. For some reason when it writes the code it is putting G2 a d G3 moves in and I am getting a  I,J,K error when I try running it.

I'm thinking it is something in the settings but I can't figure out what it is. I would really appreciate if someone could look at this and see what I am doing wrong or if someone has a processor set up for a Haas lathe that works and could share.
 Thanks!!

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: haas TL-! having trouble with radius cutting
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 14:45:13 pm »
Have a look here; https://cambamcnc.com/forum/index.php?topic=678.msg3762#msg3762
It's about a post file for a Haas TM1 where 10bulls says he made the g-code write G02 rather than G2 and this may be your problem.

Take a look at the mill post in that thread as example and modify your lathe post accordingly.

Made in England

Offline tlmkr38

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 15:14:55 pm »
 I looked at it and I opened my nc file and made the changes to the program there as there wasn't a lot of them.  I"ll try it again this afternoon or tomorrow. Thanks!

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 16:37:46 pm »
Hello

If the problem is not with the G2 instead G02, you can also try other IJK mode in the post processor ; currently it is set to "incremental C-P1" maybe your lathe needs another setting like "absolute" ?

If you find no way to deal with G2/G3, you can set the PP so that it convert all G2/G3 to small straight segment (G1) by setting the "Arc output" to convert to line. In this case the "Arc To Lines Tolerance" is used to define the max error allowed for the conversion.

++
David