Author Topic: AutoCAD Strikes Again  (Read 279 times)

Offline Bob La Londe

• CNC Jedi
  • ^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.
    • View Profile
    • CNC Molds N Stuff
AutoCAD Strikes Again
« on: September 17, 2020, 01:01:09 am »
Fusion360 is NERFING The Free Version.  Watch video link below. 

They already changed the Startup and Small Business version to just Startups.   

As I said in another group.  ITS F___KING AUTOCAD.  What did you expect.  They have a decades long business history of...  Fortunately I knew this and made a point of NEVER becoming dependent on ANY AutoCAD product. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EOiuTu14tI
Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com

Offline lernincnc

• Droid
    • View Profile
Re: AutoCAD Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 01:46:09 am »
Well, I guess I'm not surprised.  Others, as well as you, have been saying for years that this would happen.  I'm somewhat fortunate that I'm a hobbyist and don't do a lot of repeat work.  I make a drawing, make the part, then the file gets stored on the cloud and left there.  I feel for those that either have to pony up the $$$$ for a subscription or move to another platform.

I use Fusion mainly because of the modeling capability.  The CAM is also good but with the new limitations for the free subscription with reduced capabilities it's not worth sticking around to endure more pain.  I've been a 0.9.8 CamBam user for several years and like it a lot.  I don't have much experience with 1.0 but plan to dive in and learn what it has to offer.           

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 17:35:42 pm »
I'm not surprised at all, from my experience all software ended up there, eventually... Old trick, they (most software companies) give the free version long in enough to hook as many as they can, then asking for money. I complete understand that, that's why I'm staying with open source, or old software I'm familiar with. Unfortunately lots of folks who use it for business are caught with their pants down.   
My 2¢

Win 10 64 bit, CB [1.0} rc 1 64 bit, Mach3, ESS, G540

Offline MrJTJinx

• Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 13:01:33 pm »
Bob, i searched Fusion and found the lst time that fusion was slagged off in 2018, i appolegise for posting there but this post didnt show up in the serch results until after i posted.

What really gets my goat is they buy up all the other software companies whose features they like until the are in a position to manopelise and dominate the market then attempt to silence the smaller vendors - problem is without the smaller software vendors they would have nothing to buty up or ideas to nik to upgrade their own product.
silly Analdesk.

To save you guys having to look at the old post the gist is please someone make adaptive tool paths as an add on or add into the next build, man i miss that stuff.

Offline pixelmaker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • pixelmaker
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 08:10:11 am »
Nowadays it is possible to let users test a software and evaluate every processing via the cloud. This is much cheaper than employing your own test teams. Who thought that Autodesk suddenly mutated into a social company can only be described as naive. And there will certainly be new software and all the test ants will jump at it again.

ralf

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 13:18:29 pm »
And there will certainly be new software and all the test ants will jump at it again.
+1  ;D
My 2¢

Win 10 64 bit, CB [1.0} rc 1 64 bit, Mach3, ESS, G540