Author Topic: Cambam to inkscape  (Read 151 times)

Offline tonyretired

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Cambam to inkscape
« on: October 02, 2020, 05:46:07 am »
I use Cambam for most of my drawing which works perfectly for mill/routing. I now have a laser engraver and would like to export parts of drawings to Inkscape so that i can laser them ,but seem unable to do this as the DXF is not recognized by Inkscape as  it requires DXF R13. Possible to have a feature compatible  with Inkscape. Is there a work around. I have been searching the internet and have tried numerous ideas and different cad programs without success :-[

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: Cambam to inkscape
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 21:44:59 pm »
Hello

Currently CamBam only use AC1009 format to export the DXF (AutoCAD R11/R12 - Autocad LT R1 and R2)

++
David

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 21:57:09 pm »
What is the model number of your laser ?
Made in England

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 01:58:48 am »
I use Cambam for most of my drawing which works perfectly for mill/routing. I now have a laser engraver and would like to export parts of drawings to Inkscape so that i can laser them ,but seem unable to do this as the DXF is not recognized by Inkscape as  it requires DXF R13. Possible to have a feature compatible  with Inkscape. Is there a work around. I have been searching the internet and have tried numerous ideas and different cad programs without success :-[

Open the CB created/exported dxf file in some other program (FreeCAD, or ViaDAD or other) and save in different dxf version. I use ViaCAD for this and it works fine.
My 2ยข

Win 10 64 bit, CB [1.0} rc 1 64 bit, Mach3, ESS, G540

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 11:08:57 am »
So, assuming "tonyretired" has not retired from the forum, why do you import the dxf files into Inkscape ? do you output to the laser directly from Inkscape ? or do you use other software for laser control ?

You asked if there was a 'work around', not my favourite term by a long way but there might be other methods available if more information was forthcoming.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:11:41 am by EddyCurrent »
Made in England