Author Topic: Never done any stacked text before  (Read 296 times)

Offline chuckeroo

• Wookie
    • View Profile
Never done any stacked text before
« on: November 02, 2020, 17:12:52 pm »
I think that i followed the instructions on this procedure but if someone would look at this file and give me some input that would save me some time i would appreciate it. Also i am seeing some times pop up at the bottom of the screen when i generate toolpaths. These are no doubt estimated run times? This is a gift for my daughter and son in law.                    As alway's thanks.   

Offline kvom

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Never done any stacked text before
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 12:58:54 pm »
I assume that the material is wood, which I have no experience with.  As long as the feedrate doesn't cause burns or splintering it looks good.  The 2 small ovals at the top of the m aren't selected for the bottom.

Offline chuckeroo

• Wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 13:52:32 pm »
Yes this is a wood project. Yes that was something i missed, thanks. Attempting to use an arc and its giving problems. Instead of the top of the arc it will place the text on the bottom of the arc and invert text.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 17:00:28 pm by chuckeroo »

Offline dave benson

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 03:10:50 am »
HI Chuck
There are a few reasons that your file won't run and give the desired result.
The main one being that you have the unions backasswards which will machine away the
letters in the first names, look at the grayed out letters in the cb screen shot.
I've done the first F and A in the drawing to show you what to do see sim pic.
I've not adjusted your mops only the geometry.
There's no getting away from it, this file will take you a while to get the geometry right.

Dave

Offline driedeker

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 12:01:02 pm »
I ran your file through cutviewer and this was the result.
you have a tool missing in the file when loaded on my CamBam so added it.
Is this what you are looking for as a finished effect.
Estimated time is around 34 mins.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 12:07:45 pm by driedeker »
Made in England in 53

Offline chuckeroo

• Wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 17:56:34 pm »
I want to say thanks for the help. I did some more reading and viewing Eddy Current's cb. file. With a little luck i may have accomplished the stacked text that im looking for. I have attached a revised file. Ran it thru Camotics and it looked ok to me. The sample file for me really works because i could dissect the results and read the procedure at the same time. Basically cause and effect.

Offline chuckeroo

• Wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 20:04:34 pm »
Looking for suggestions on different fonts for this project. So after a little reading it appears to me that the font library that i am selecting from comes from windows 10 fonts?  I have seen some fonts online that are a little more impressive opposed to what i am using in this file, although they all have their place in life.   Thanks