Author Topic: 3d Bias  (Read 114 times)

Offline RUSTY

• Droid
    • View Profile
3d Bias
« on: December 31, 2020, 17:45:11 pm »
 Please could someone suggest what program me able to generate a 3d Bias landscape scene in STL from a 2D picture.  It seems that some can generate from a 3D model but maybe not from a distant scene which is 8kms. away from the position of the camera, I could possibly take three pictures about 300m. apart from the camera location if this helps to improve the effect.
Thanks for any ideas.    Rusty   

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: 3d Bias
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 18:21:58 pm »
Do you mean something like this; ? https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-photogrammetry-software/

There is a free version that yields good results but you would need to take a lot more photos than three.
Made in England

Offline RUSTY

• Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 19:12:03 pm »
Tnx Eddy, a lot to understand it may be easier to send to someone on line to convert. These 3D objects on the web really look good but maybe have to be made special over a long time. The stl files certainly machine well in CB.  I will keep looking to understand more. Thanks.  Rusty

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 19:31:21 pm »
There's also this but again not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for.

"Terrain2STL Create STL models of the surface of Earth"

http://jthatch.com/Terrain2STL/
Made in England

Offline RUSTY

• Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 10:48:58 am »
Thanks Eddy,
               I have used that jhthatcher very successfully, excellent for anywhere around the world. What is what I want is Shape Rover 0.25 maybe from 2D-3D Studio but not for sale at moment. I will keep looking and learning always something out there some where. Thanks, Rusty