Author Topic: Tranferring settings to new computer  (Read 494 times)

Offline llaves

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Tranferring settings to new computer
« on: December 31, 2020, 17:48:15 pm »
I moved my license from my old machine to new. This post suggests everything is in the system folder, so I copied the contents of Program Data\CamBam Plus 1.0 to the new computer
Pretty much everything xferred as expected, except for a some interface settings like colors and such.
Is there another file I need to copy?

Thanks.

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Tranferring settings to new computer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 18:25:17 pm »
Colours are found in  the file; CamBam1.0.config, located in, C:\ProgramData\CamBam plus 1.0

Did you also copy the sub folders in C:\ProgramData\CamBam plus 1.0 ?
Made in England

Offline llaves

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 19:04:52 pm »
Yes, I copied the entire directory tree. But telling me that CamBam1.0.config was the key.
In my old installation I had modified the SystemPath (for reasons I no longer remember). Turns out that the config file is stored in the default system path, not the edited one. So when I copied the directory, the config file was not stored there.
This is an interesting quandary. The value of SystemPath is stored in the config file, so how would the program know where to look for the config file if it hasn't read it yet to know the SystemPath value?

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 01:42:26 am »
Hello

This is an interesting quandary. The value of SystemPath is stored in the config file, so how would the program know where to look for the config file if it hasn't read it yet to know the SystemPath value?

It's because the CamBam config file is ALWAYS saved at the default "C:\ProgramData\CamBam plus 1.0\" location, even if you change the path for the systempath in the options ;)

++
David