Author Topic: CB V1.0 always opens full screen  (Read 441 times)

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
CB V1.0 always opens full screen
« on: February 13, 2021, 01:57:22 am »
I can't figure this one out and it has bugged me for a while now.

If I have CB's app window size slightly less than it's Maximized size and Save my CB project file, whenever I open CB with any CB file it always opens a full screen size window.  In the upper right-hand corner of the screen (the Maximized icon area) shows the less than Maximized icon with the description "Restore Down...", but the last part of the description is off screen.

Is this a feature?  How can I get CB to open to the screen size I last used it and saved it's project file?

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else

Offline tau

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: CB V1.0 always opens full screen
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 07:32:37 am »
Just check mark the "Save settings on exit" entry under Tools Menue, which does the trick...

At least here on my CB1.0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 17:39:55 pm by tau »

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 20:08:09 pm »
Just check mark the "Save settings on exit" entry under Tools Menue, which does the trick...

At least here on my CB1.0

Thanks Tau, I should have added that since V0.9.8 and V1.0 I have always had "Save Settings On Exit" checked and they still are, but BOTH versions open full screen in non-Maximized mode.

It is strange behavior I cannot find reason for.
airnocker

Offline tau

• Storm Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 21:31:48 pm »
Thanks Tau, I should have added that since V0.9.8 and V1.0 I have always had "Save Settings On Exit" checked and they still are, but BOTH versions open full screen in non-Maximized mode.

It is strange behavior I cannot find reason for.

That's strange indeed. Both versions here on my Win10 v20H2.19042 work perfectly fine and as expected.

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 22:27:01 pm »
CamBam(s)s are my only apps that does this, so I don't what to think.  The both CB shortcut properties are identical to those apps that behave correctly when opened, meaning they open to the window size previously set in the app.

Here is a full screen screenshot.  Note that the window size icon in the upper right, circled in purple, indicates the window is not Maximized.
Resizing the window and exiting does not save the new size parameters either.

airnocker

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 23:51:09 pm »
Hello

Not sure, but maybe this can be a problem in the CamBam config file ?

Have a look here to reset config file

https://cambamcnc.com/forum/index.php?topic=6491.0

first save a copy of your config file (CamBam1.0.config) in another location, because it contain also data like grid settings, colors, etc ... so if resetting the config file don't solve the problem you can reuse the older one to retrieve your previous settings.

++
David

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 00:02:33 am »
Hello

Not sure, but maybe this can be a problem in the CamBam config file ?

Have a look here to reset config file

https://cambamcnc.com/forum/index.php?topic=6491.0

first save a copy of your config file (CamBam1.0.config) in another location, because it contain also data like grid settings, colors, etc ... so if resetting the config file don't solve the problem you can reuse the older one to retrieve your previous settings.

++
David

Thanks David.

I first reset the 0.9.8P config file by renaming it then opening 0.9.8P to create a new one.  It seemed to work, somewhat.  Now, 0.9.8P opens in a smaller, non-maximized window but resizing the window, making sure Save Settings on Exit is checked and even clicking Save Settings after resizing the window to a slight larger size and different screen position the new position and size is not saved.  Upon reopening 0.9.8P it opens to it's default, smaller window size after any resizing and exiting of the app.

I'll see if 1.0 behaves the same and update this posting.  Update: 1.0 behaves the exact same way.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 00:06:40 am by airnocker »
airnocker

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 00:11:57 am »
Upon reopening 0.9.8P it opens to it's default, smaller window size after any resizing and exiting of the app.

can you have a look on the config file date/time to see if the time = the same time than when you exit CamBam .. the goal is to see if the file is updated or not.

if it is not updated, maybe this can have something to do with windows permissions ... (check if CamBam is run with admin permission)

++
David

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 00:23:28 am »
David, it appears to be a permissions issue.  The config file's time stamp is not being updated on apps close.  Strange that only the two CB app versions have changed permissions, though.

Still investigating...more soon.
airnocker

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 02:20:29 am »
Both CB version app permissions seem to be like other 32 bit app permissions I have.  I thought my V1.0 was 64 bit but it is the 32 bit version.

My user permissions in every version of Windows I've every had were always Administrator level permissions. I've checked the group and user permissions I'm associated with and they are all correct.

I've also checked the config file permission levels and they too appear correct.  So at the computer level and the Administrator group level I have full permissions with the CB app and config files.

Both CB version new and previous config files are updating their file time stamps now but neither save window size and position changes.

V1.0 now does something minutely different after it opens full screen.  If I click and hold down on the Title Bar of the app and move it in any direction even the smallest amount it changes to a smaller size window, the size I normally like to use.

0.9.8P will not do this.  I have to move the full screen window slightly down so I can see the resizing edge handles to change heigth and width, but it still won't save changes.
airnocker

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 16:11:40 pm »
And in the cambam icon ; properties/compatibility ; run as admin is checked ?

No other idea  ??? ... I've had a look in the registry but can't find something that seems to be related with the cambam form size.

edit:

the form size is saved in the config file as:

Code: [Select]
    <state name="CamBamMain" x="0" y="0" w="1293" h="826" state="0">
state = 0 for not full screen, 2 for full screen

if cambam is closed when in minimised state (only the icon in the taskbar), this state is not saved and cambam is opened with its last form size

++
David
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 16:20:24 pm by dh42 »

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 19:16:44 pm »
And in the cambam icon ; properties/compatibility ; run as admin is checked ?

the form size is saved in the config file as:

Code: [Select]
    <state name="CamBamMain" x="0" y="0" w="1293" h="826" state="0">
state = 0 for not full screen, 2 for full screen

if cambam is closed when in minimised state (only the icon in the taskbar), this state is not saved and cambam is opened with its last form size

++
David

The shortcut icon properties tab, Compatibility, "Run as Administrator" was not checked.  Checking the box made no difference in behavior.

I saw the "CamBam Main" parameter in the config file and made edits to reduce the h and w parameters but that made no difference.  At the time I did not know the meaning of the state parameter.  In my normal config file it was set to "2".  Just now I changed it to "0" and VIOLA, that fixed it. 

Having "Run as Administrator" checked was not necessary.

Many thanks David for explaining the "state" parameter, as that was the key to the problem.  For whatever reason, once reducing the CB windows size smaller that maximized, it was not saving, (changing) the state parameter with "0" in either 0.9.8P or 1.0.  The default of "state" in a new config file is "0" as anFYI.

airnocker

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 21:37:37 pm »
Really strange  ???, but nice if it work now !

++
David

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 22:08:32 pm »
Yep, I agree, strange.

I just checked my Win7 Pro PC that I use for Mac3 and my CNC machine.  It has the 0.9.8P version of CamBam but it usings .NET 4.7.1 32-bit, while my Win 10 Pro 64-bit uses .NET 2.1.4 Core 64-bit, .NET 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack and .NET 4.6.1 Targeting Pack.

I wonder if that's what is creating the odd Win 10 behavior?  .NET 4.8 is now the latest version for Win10 down through Win7.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/versions-and-dependencies

airnocker

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 22:26:47 pm »
On my W7 ultimate 64bits it's also .net 4.8 ..

I also have the .net framewoks 3.5 enabled (can be done on W10 too)

https://www.techhit.com/how-to/install-.net-3.5.1/windows7/

the net 3.5 is needed for CB 0.98 to works correctly .. CB1.0 use net framewok 4.0 ... should work with the 4.5 to 4.8

++
David