Author Topic: My DIY CNC  (Read 210 times)

Offline MaxFeedRate

• Ewok
    • View Profile
My DIY CNC
« on: April 25, 2021, 10:53:07 am »
New member here. Just thought I'd say hi and show a pic of my rather janky home made cnc.
It's driven by a cheapo controller running GRBL.

It's just for fun/hobby use and I'm really enjoying learning my way through it.
I started playing with some of the free cam offerings without much success, but once I came across CamBam I was immediately impressed and bought a license even before using up all the free trials.  ;D
This forum is a great and friendly resource and I've been lurking for a while and learning a lot.

Having now created a forum account here, I am puzzled as to how to reply to posts. Obviously I was able to create this new post, but (and I feel really dumb asking this) should I not see a "reply" button somewhere for existing posts?  ???
The screenshot below is of a random post as it appears in my browser while logged in:

I tried PMing one of the admins for advise but it said "An Error Has Occurred! : You are not allowed to send personal messages."

Anyway, I will continue lurking, and maybe will be able to contribute at some point in the future.
And if I don't reply to any replies in this post it's because I can't.  >:(

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: My DIY CNC
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:24:06 pm »
Hello

Welcome to the forum.

Having now created a forum account here, I am puzzled as to how to reply to posts. Obviously I was able to create this new post, but (and I feel really dumb asking this) should I not see a "reply" button somewhere for existing posts?  ???

Don't worry, now it should works, it was because the first post of a new user needs approval from an admin ;) before you can reply.

++
David

Offline MaxFeedRate

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 17:11:24 pm »
Ah, ok that explains it. The extra buttons have now appeared. Thanks.
Max.

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 18:56:01 pm »
Welcome here! ;D
My 2ยข

Win10 (64 bit, CB(1.0)rc 1(64 bit) Mach3, ESS, G540, Endurance Laser.

Offline ThisAmplifierIsLoud

• Storm Trooper
  • Jam it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 20:15:51 pm »
Welcome, have a coke & smile !
best regards

Bernhard