Author Topic: Debian 11 - 64 Bit Install Problems  (Read 98 times)

Offline ldkraemer

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Debian 11 - 64 Bit Install Problems
« on: October 12, 2021, 20:53:58 pm »
I've followed the instructions and installed CAMBAM 1.0 in Debian 11 (Bullseye).

$ sudo apt install mono-complete

Download and extracted the following to the ~/.config folder : ~/.config/CamBam plus 1.0

Download and extracted the following to ~/CamBam1.0/     CamBam1.0-mono-rc3-ubuntu14-64bit.tgz (14.0 MB)

$ cd CamBam1.0/
$ ./install-launcher.sh

I launch the software with:

$ cd ~/CamBam1.0
$./cambam.sh

I am getting the following errors in the attached files.

How do I get the trial period activated?  I've just installed this morning, and it's expired?

Thanks.

Larry

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: Debian 11 - 64 Bit Install Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 21:08:03 pm »
Hello

The evaluation period is not working with linux version.

https://cambamcnc.com/ref/ref.linux

Limitations / Problems we are aware of

Alt+Dragging for 3D rotation often conflicts with Linux window dragging modes. See distribution specific notes to disable these modes or change them to use the Windows key.
    Cut/Paste seems flaky on KDE. Invoking Klipper SHIFT+CTRL+V then clear clipboard history seems to fix. Gnome seems OK.
    Python Scripting is working, but JScript and VBScript are currently not available.
    Currently no 40 free evaluation uses. CamBam will run as though in expired evaluation mode unless a license file is detected in the program directory. This will restrict gcode output to around 1000 lines for unlicensed use.
    Crashes when opening files on older Linux systems - please try the V1 development release

++
David

Offline ldkraemer

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 01:06:22 am »
David,
Thanks for the quick reply.  That brings me to a couple question that I hope you can help with.

1.  I have a Onefinity Woodworker (approx 32" x 32" cutting area).  I upload G-Code via USB Flash Drive.
I'm not sure what the best choice post processor (CAMBAM) is for my Onefinity Woodworker.  I created a
test *.nc file and will try it tomorrow.  I chose TurboCNC, and it's similar to the *.nc file that Carbide Create produces.
What's the best choice CAMBAM G-Code format for my Onefinity Woodworker?  GRBL, LinuxCNC, TurboCNC, Mach3?

2.  If I purchase CamBAM is that a One time Fee, or would there be other charges as future versions are
released?  Would I have to pay for Versions 2, 3, and others?  Any other information on upgrade charges you could
supply would help in making purchase decisions.

3.  Why is my Polyline (*.dxf) object about 25mm above my Block for making my part?  I don't see a way to
get it to Z=0 where I'd think it should reside.  Maybe I'm missing something, or does it even matter?

4.  Can you point me to some good Tutorial Video's?  The ones I've watched on youtube either have no sound,
are terrible fuzzy quality, or aren't in English.

5.  If I make the purchase, then I can assume that everything works properly in Linux (Debian 11 - 64 Bit), and I should
have a fully functional system.  Is this a true statement? 

Thanks for your time.

Larry     
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:08:51 am by ldkraemer »

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 02:29:48 am »
Hello

1) I don't know this product, and specs are short !
https://276de75e-feff-4209-8538-25071949b13c.filesusr.com/ugd/f704eb_9e6c0102c6db492cb83858fd6eda3781.pdf

You can try the "default" post processor.

2) No other charges, the license is usable on all new versions of CamBam+ and it is the same for Linux and Windows.

3) CamBam do no change anything to the location of the drawing objets, so if you polyline is at Z = 25, it is because it is at this location in the DXF.

you can align object in the 3 axis with the align tool
http://www.cambam.info/doc/dw/1.0.0/cad/transformations.html#align

you can also "flatten" the 2D drawing so all Z become 0 with this plugin
http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/flatten.html

note that for 2.5D MOP (Machining OPeration) like profiles and pockets, the Z position of the drawing as no effect ; it as only effect with engraving MOP.

4) I would leave someone else to answer. (I only do videos in French, or, if on the English version, with no sound)

5) I'm not a Linux user .. I will also leave Linux users to reply to this question ;)

++
David