Author Topic: date and time wrong  (Read 980 times)

Offline FBG

• Ewok
    • View Profile
date and time wrong
« on: November 17, 2021, 17:19:56 pm »
Hello:  I am using cambam 1.0 eval as of now.  I have been having trouble when I save a file to the hard drive,  the date is always 9-14-21.  Iam using windows 10 32 bit.  the data and time on the computer is correct and i do not have any issues with other files that is save.   It is most offten when I save a 2nd copy that the date is in corert.  I am the only one that is having this issue. 

thanks for the help. 

Offline dh42

• Administrator
  • CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Cambam V1.0 French Doc
Re: date and time wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 17:37:27 pm »
Hello

Welcome to the forum ;)

I am the only one that is having this issue.

never heard about this problem before ...

++
David

Offline FBG

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 20:14:24 pm »
Any suggestions to what maybe causing this.  the date in the nc file is correct, it just the date and time of the file in its directory that it is saves to is incorrect.  I have two eval copies running on two different computes and they both are doing the same thing.  i am using a network drive to share the files as well.  I did try saving the files to the local drive and the same results. very strange.  so what i have been doing is save the files with a new name rather than writing over the old one. 

thank again for the feed back.

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 20:31:02 pm »
I don't know yet what is the cause, but I'm getting 'date and time are wrong' warnings on many files I try to open.  And they will NOT open, due to it.

I surmise that MicroSoft has deliberately changed something about how files are accessed.  They'd probably have done this to 'encourage' users to upgrade to their latest OS.

I guess we'll figure it out, eventually.

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
  • Made in England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 20:44:58 pm »
Is it something to do with using a VPN to a different time zone ?
Filmed in Supermarionation

Offline FBG

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 05:55:11 am »
just a fyi, no vpn over here.  anything you would like me to try?  i am running windows 10 pro, vers, 20h2 64 bit

Offline FBG

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 16:39:52 pm »
Any updates on the time date on file saving.

Gene

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 21:49:04 pm »
I'm on the same Win10 Pro version 20H2, OS Build: 19042:1348 and I've not encountered this problem when opening CB files, new or old, 0.9.8 or 1.0 but will keep my eye open for it.

When I'd ask my dad, rest his sole, why something wasn't working he'd famously say, "maybe you're not holding your mouth right".
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else

Offline FBG

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 05:14:14 am »
airnocker  thanks for your feed back.  the issue i am having is when a save a file,  mostly the 2nd time.  do not know what to do.  it seems like I am the only one with this issue, i have install two different copies of CamBam on two different computers and they are doing the same thing.  if i can not get a resolve i do not know what to do:(.

Gene Brooks

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 12:02:49 pm »
Gene,
That sure sounds like something is feeding your system the wrong date and time.

Recently (in the last three or four months), I've had Chrome fail to open many links, complaining that my clock doesn't match the correct time.  Even if I 'sync' my clock to the time it reports (using the link they provide), it still fails.  Mozilla works fine on the same links.  I have had ALL updates turned OFF in my CAM computer for over three years, so an update wouldn't break something -- so I don't think it's my software doing it.

I'm left thinking that something on my IP's side is causing the issue.

Lloyd

Offline FBG

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 14:05:37 pm »
Lloyd:I have found the issue, it has to do with the net work drive.  I most of the time i do not use it except to back up files, but because i use the computer in my lab i place the CamBam files there instead of a usb drive.  it was just easier.  any way the drive is also changing other files date and time from other programs.  i want thank everyone for there help. 

Gene Brooks

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2021, 14:31:10 pm »
Gene,
Thanks!  That's something else for me to check.  I may have inadvertently activated a network drive under Chrome!

Lloyd

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 23:26:58 pm »
In the case of Microsoft's OneDrive, the cloud storage always treats an uploaded/downloaded file as a new file and therefore reflects the current date and time.  Many cloud storage services work this way.

In Microsoft's case, I heard that one can use the OneDrive sync client which will preserve the original file's creation/modified/last accessed dates.
airnocker

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 23:54:49 pm »
I thoroughly checked everything.  I'm not using ANY external drives, 'cloud' or not.

This has to have been due to some changes in how Chrome handles things, because it doesn't happen (on the same files) in Mozilla.

Lloyd

Offline airnocker

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 00:35:02 am »
I thoroughly checked everything.  I'm not using ANY external drives, 'cloud' or not.

This has to have been due to some changes in how Chrome handles things, because it doesn't happen (on the same files) in Mozilla.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I was really commenting on FBG's mention of storing files on network storage.

But now you have me wondering about your reference "in how Chrome handles things" vs. Mozilla.  Are you referring to downloading/uploading files via those two browsers to CB or similar?
airnocker