Author Topic: CNC Pyrography, Impact engraving & Laser Diode  (Read 132 times)

Offline Lee Cowan

• Ewok
    • View Profile
CNC Pyrography, Impact engraving & Laser Diode
« on: November 23, 2021, 21:57:40 pm »
I stumbled across CNC Pyrography - it's basically using the CNC to make pictures with a wood burner. I found a program called G-Ray (try this link http://hobbycncart.com/forum/46-234-1) This looks similar to the Height Map, but instead Dark=Deeper, this is Dark=Slower feed Rate. It looks really cool. I also stumbled across a CNC that has a Impact Engraver, similar concept, I believe it slows & Speeds up the impact speeds to get different half tones on Granite.   Both of these would be cool MOPs and could open new markets for us Makers.   I just purchased a 2.2 KW Spindle & VFD, I'm in the process of getting it wired up. I figured while I'm trying to do some upgrades I might try adding a Diode Laser to my BlackFoot CNC - I have to admit I'm pretty confused about what to download and how to get it to communicate with a Laser. Are there any video links that walk you through the whole process? I see references to GRBL & M-Codes...I don't have a clue what any of that is. Aside from CamBam, I also use Aspire, UCCNC & Mach3 - Anyway, I know my post is going in several different directions, sorry about that. I just haven't seen these topics covered or a simple setup for the laser. Thank you!

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Pyrography, Impact engraving & Laser Diode
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 20:33:18 pm »
Maybe investigating the forum search facilites would help.

+1
My 2ยข

Win10 (64 bit, CB(1.0)rc 1(64 bit) Mach3, ESS, G540, Endurance Laser.

Offline Lee Cowan

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Pyrography, Impact engraving & Laser Diode
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 21:13:41 pm »
I've actually looked at them before I posted my question, then took a second look after your response. I'm still as confused as ever, it's like a foreign language to me, I was hoping to get a video link or complete walk through with pictures, I appreciate your reply, I'm just apprehensive that I'll hook something up wrong.