Author Topic: Fanuc 0ib wire edm  (Read 228 times)

Offline chr15

• Ewok
    • View Profile
Fanuc 0ib wire edm
« on: November 25, 2021, 10:02:47 am »
Hi All,
i'm new to CamBam and am looking for a post for 0ib with 180wi control, is there such a post out there?
i will start messing with the default fanuc post but i've never altered one before so the results could be messy  ;D
Chr15

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Fanuc 0ib wire edm
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 20:54:31 pm »
We'd need to see a list of supported commands for your machine, in order to help properly.

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline tlmkr38

• Ewok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 12:39:39 pm »
Just saw this post as I am working on a Fanuc EDM also and thinking about using CB. I'm still learning on it but some of  the commands that are not normal to milling would be G50-G51/52 which are taper angle codes to turn it off or right or left taper  and amount of taper. Along with that you need to input a program plane and a thickness plane. There is also G code for corner rounding but I'm not real sure how all of that works yet

Some Mcodes used would be M00 feed hold stop. Might have to just put it in manually as it is used to put a magnet on or something so the slug doesn't fall out. M15 which is for selection of tapering mode. M31 which resets machining timer. M86 which turns the 4 conditions on and M46 which turns them off. THe 4 conditions also have codes to turn them on separately bit I don't know of a reason to use that in a CAD CAM..

I have done minor modifications to the PP's but am not real proficient at it. You can technically get by with getting the profile as there is not feed or speed commands. I know there are also commands to call up different Wire offsets and such but that can be made at the cutter diameter section. Also one to call up different cutting information that is preset but I haven't gotten far enough to figure that all out yet.

If you need anything holler, I'll try my best to answer your questions if you want to try to make one.

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 15:18:03 pm »
I cannot speak to your machine, but I have a couple of 4x8 bed routers, for which the instruction-set changed when we upgraded both of them to Win-10 and new control software.

I had to write a 'post-build processor' in VBS that would add/modify the commands to suit.  It was pretty-simple, and the result is g-code 'right out of the box' that works perfectly, even though CB's posts don't issue those commands (or syntax of commands) naturally.

Bottom line?  CB CAN do it, because that 'natural extension capability' was built-in, from the start.

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"