Author Topic: Videos!  (Read 221 times)

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
Videos!
« on: January 11, 2022, 18:23:49 pm »
I have a young fellow here at the shop today, filming and shooting 'stills' of the processes involved in cutting multi-shot plates.

IF my customer permits, I'll share them.

In any case, it's interesting.  He's catching angles on the machine I wouldn't have proposed, as well as those I would have.

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"

Offline EddyCurrent

• CNC Jedi
  • Made in England
    • View Profile
Re: Videos!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 19:44:50 pm »
Looking forward to that.
Filmed in Supermarionation

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 21:05:17 pm »
And... I just got approval to share some vids, so long as I don't divulge the customer's name or actual dimensions!

Yippee!

I should have the copies tomorrow.

Lloyd

Offline Bubba

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 21:46:35 pm »
I second Eddy on that..
My 2ยข

Win10 (64 bit, CB(1.0)rc 1(64 bit) Mach3, ESS, G540, Endurance Laser.

Offline Bob La Londe

• CNC Jedi
  • ^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.
    • View Profile
    • CNC Molds N Stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 19:09:52 pm »
You probably have this covered, but... 

I suggest having a video channel n YouTube for your business.  Share videos through that method.  YouTube is optimized for video sharing.  If you have political societal issues with Youtube/Google/Alphabet/etc gang of companies there are a couple other hosting companies that will work, but most have video size, storage, and bandwidth limitations. 

I do not know if Andy has added the plugin, but this forum is capable of automatically embedding videos from a YouTube link with the addition of a "package." 
Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 19:46:34 pm »
Thanks, Bob!  When I see the videos, I'll make the decisions about whether/what to use for advert.  As it is, I'm working six tens a week, now.  I'm not sure I can handle more, right now! <smile>  (I could hire a part-timer for cutting up plates on the table saw, but that's so rife with liability issues, I'm not keen on it right now.)

Lloyd

Offline Bob La Londe

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • CNC Molds N Stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 01:29:22 am »
e>  (I could hire a part-timer for cutting up plates on the table saw, but that's so rife with liability issues, I'm not keen on it right now.)

Lloyd

If you want some real liability I've got a great big DeWalt Industrial RAS (radial arm saw) out back... 

Cutting up plates?  I find a horizontal bandsaw does the job on severing bar stock most days.  If you are breaking down sheets of foam board wouldn't a panel saw be the ticket?   Safer to use than either a RAS or a TS, and able to do the work much easier.  Stop by your local Lowes or Home Depot.  They will usually have one in the back across from the chop saw.  Cost varies depending on size and quality, and if you are ambitious want to work seven 10s you can build one with your favorite quality (or cheap) circular saw. 

Offline Bob La Londe

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • CNC Molds N Stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 01:35:02 am »
e>  (I could hire a part-timer for cutting up plates on the table saw, but that's so rife with liability issues, I'm not keen on it right now.)

Lloyd

If you want some real liability I've got a great big DeWalt Industrial RAS (radial arm saw) out back... 

Cutting up plates?  I find a horizontal bandsaw does the job on severing bar stock most days.  If you are breaking down sheets of foam board wouldn't a panel saw be the ticket?   Safer to use than either a RAS or a TS, and able to do the work much easier.  Stop by your local Lowes or Home Depot.  They will usually have one in the back across from the chop saw.  Cost varies depending on size and quality, and if you are ambitious want to work seven 10s you can build one with your favorite quality (or cheap) circular saw.

Hmmm... I've got a 9-1/2 inch (I know. Odd size) steel cutting circular saw.  Maybe I should use it on a panel saw for breaking down steel and aluminum plate stock. 

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 01:42:57 am »
Yep, a panel saw would make it safer.  Until business picks up more, there's nothing in the budget for that.  You do what you gotta do! <grin>

Lloyd

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 01:44:55 am »
BTW... this customer is always 'slow', and hasn't sent me the images, yet.  I'm nagging him.  I'll get them -- eventually!

L

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 15:51:29 pm »
Ok... I got the images this morning.  I'm tied up on a 'must ship' routing project right now.  Either this evening, or during breaks tomorrow, I should be able to get them posted.

Lloyd

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 17:01:09 pm »
Ok...

They're in the public area on Pyrobin  (www.pyrobin.com)

Two short vids, two stills.

As per my agreement with the customer, no customer info, and no actual dimensions.

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/IMG_3980.mov

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/IMG_3981.mov

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/jpg1.jpg

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/jpg3.jpg

Lloyd

Offline Bob La Londe

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • CNC Molds N Stuff
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 21:43:27 pm »
Thanks Lloyd.  I sometimes wish I had a machine that big.  Then I am reminded if I didn't use it every day when I did need it I'd have to spend half a day getting stuff off of it.  LOL. 

Offline lloydsp

• CNC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 23:01:48 pm »
Bob wrote:
"Then I am reminded if I didn't use it every day when I did need it I'd have to spend half a day getting stuff off of it."

Oh, yeah!  And I have TWO of them, often running at the same time.  I spent half the day today milling one new sheet of goods, and cutting-up two others.

I am NOT complaining!  I haven't had business in two years, and now it's coming faster than I can handle it.  But, ultimately, that will end up being the customers' problem <grin>.

Lloyd